Dear NCS Member:
National Capital Squash works to build squash in our region and is run by volunteers.
We can do more to build squash if we have more volunteers. I hope you will consider volunteering and serving as an officer or member of our board of directors.
However, you don’t have to be an officer or director to help us build squash. Here are some of the areas where our members could help:
- Writing and producing our e-newsletter.
- Establishing and leading a program for doubles squash play.
- Public relations efforts to place stories about squash in local newspapers and radio and TV news programs. There are a number of stories that could be placed each year that would lead to a large increase in the number of people who are exposed to squash.
- Support the construction of new courts in our region. Some squash districts have taken the lead in fundraising to build new squash facilities. In other districts, members have become investors in new facilities.
- Reach out to local private clubs and country clubs to encourage them to put squash in their long-term plans. If you are a member of a private club that should consider squash, let me know.
- Assist with bringing a major professional squash event to Washington DC by helping identify and recruit sponsors.
- Introducing tennis and racquetball players to squash.
- Introduce more kids to squash. There is an inflatable squash court that can be brought to schools and fairs to introduce kids to squash.
- Establish and manage a junior squash league.
- Encourage more schools to offer squash as a club or varsity sport and to consider putting construction of squash courts in their long range plans.
We all love the game. If you have time, let’s work together to help introduce others to this great sport. These are just a few ideas to build the game. We welcome your ideas and suggestions.
If you can help with any of these efforts or would like to become active in the leadership of NCS, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, National Capital Squash